With almost 30 super premium wineries just a short drive away, it only makes sense that one of our Caboose Rooms is a tribute to these local vintners. Above your Jacuzzi tub is a beautiful mural of the wine country to help you relax. The grape vine furniture has been lovingly crafted by hand and stenciled clusters of grapes adorn the walls.
The table, crafted by Wine Country Woods, started life as a wine barrel. Your seat covers, too, are former wine barrel lids. Bring along your favorite bottle of wine and you can enjoy it while luxuriating in the two-person Jacuzzi tub.
With oak floors and a mini wine press up in the Cupola, this is a terrific place to celebrate a trip to the wine country in style.
Wine Country Caboose History
If you've hummed along to the song Atchison, Topeka and the Santa Fe you have sung about this caboose, which was a member of that railroad's family. This is a very traditional caboose from the outside, while being completely refurbished on the inside. It features a second-story cupola from which the "caboose man" used to wave. We believe this caboose was built in Kansas City just after World War ][ and was used in high-speed freight trains, traveling all over the USA before it retired at the Featherbed Railroad.
Wine Country Caboose Suite Amenities
- Two-person Jacuzzi spa tub with hand-held shower head
- Second-story cupola seating for two
- In-room coffee maker
- In-room mini fridge
- Heat and Air Conditioning you adjust to your personal comfort
- Music player dock with AM/FM radio which also plays our own Featherbed Railroad train station!
- Flat-screen TV with DVD and VHS players and complimentary access to our large library of movies plus cable TV channels
- Full breakfast for two every morning of your stay
- Queen-size bed with luxurious Downlight genuine goose down featherbed
- Powder room with toilet and sink
- Maximum Occupancy - two individuals
- Wine Country is one of our dog-friendly rooms.
The floor plan of the Wine Country Caboose.