Stepping into the TropiCaboose is like walking into a resort along the shores of the ocean in a place like Key West or Hawaii. The entire room is light and airy with inviting wicker furniture, beautiful hardwood floors and a light, coconut color scheme that really puts you in the mood to enjoy a margarita.
Instead of shoes, you might find yourself donning flip flops and thinking about the trade winds lightly blowing across Clear Lake. If you weren't so relaxed already, you might want to stroll outside and walk down the dock to feel the warm winds against your skin.
Look up and we've caught a beautiful hand-made Maherajah water ski that's been trapped with some shells in a fishing net. There are margarita glasses waiting for some lime, grenadine and tequila. The bed spread is a beautiful Dean Miller piece and there is even a Tiki button! You'll just have to stay with us to find out what that does.
Is that Margaritaville playing in the background? Have you stepped into a tropical paradise, or are you just in the TropiCaboose? It's up to your imagination.
TropiCaboose started its life as a Caboose on the Southern Pacific rail line during the Great Depression. It is the oldest caboose on the property and still features some of the original fittings for a genuine railroad experience. The seats in the cupola have been redecorated, but are still intact with two facing booths perched way up high. This is the perfect spot to watch the sun rise or set with a cool beverage or some hot coffee. The view is great from up there!
- Second-story cupola seating for two
- In-room coffee maker
- In-room mini fridge
- Heat and Air Conditioning you adjust to your personal comfort
- Music player dock with AM/FM radio which also plays our own Featherbed Railroad train station!
- Flat-screen TV with DVD and VHS players and complimentary access to our large library of movies plus cable TV channels
- Full breakfast for two every morning of your stay
- Queen-size bed with luxurious Downlight genuine goose down featherbed
- Powder room with toilet and sink featuring a traditional tub and shower
- Maximum Occupancy - two individuals
- TropiCaboose is one of our dog-friendly rooms.
The floor plan of TropiCaboose