If you've ever dreamed of a journey on the famed Orient Express, our Orient Express themed caboose is for you. The beautiful art deco mirror behind the Jacuzzi tub for two is the focus of this elegant room. Black, teal and gold are the colors that complete this room and transport you in time to a very nice place. A private deck with views of Clear Lake and Mount Konocti in the distance enrich the journey to relaxation. The second-story cupola is the perfect spot to enjoy a beautiful sunset over Clear Lake.
Orient Express Caboose History
If you've hummed along to the song Atchison, Topeka and the Santa Fe you have sung about this caboose, which was a member of that railroad's family. This is a very traditional caboose from the outside, while being completely refurbished on the inside. It features a second-story cupola from which the "caboose man" used to wave. We believe this caboose was built in Kansas City just after World War ][ and was used in high-speed freight trains, traveling all over the USA before it retired at the Featherbed Railroad.
Orient Express Caboose Amenities
- Outdoor private deck overlooking Clear Lake
- Two-person Jacuzzi spa tub with hand-held shower head
- Second-story cupola seating for two
- In-room coffee maker
- In-room mini fridge
- Heat and Air Conditioning you adjust to your personal comfort
- Music player dock with AM/FM radio which also plays our own Featherbed Railroad train station!
- Flat-screen TV with DVD and VHS players and complimentary access to our large library of movies plus cable TV channels
- Full breakfast for two every morning of your stay
- Queen-size bed with luxurious Downlight genuine goose down featherbed
- Powder room with toilet and sink
- Maximum Occupancy - two individuals
The floor plan of Orient Express.