The only specialty item that you'll need is an Aebelskiver pan which has the little wells in it to make these. We also deviate from the original recipe by substituting salted butter but not adding salt to the recipe. Personally, we really like the salty exterior.
We've also figured out how to video our stove or kitchen from above so we're sure you're going to see many more cooking videos in the future. Enjoy!
2 Eggs - Separated. Pampered Chef has the most terrific egg separator.
1 Cup - Flour
1 tsp - Sugar
1 tsp - Baking Powder
1/2 tsp - Baking Soda
The original recipe calls for 1/3 tsp - salt.
- Separate eggs and beat the yolks
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg yolks
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they're "peaky"
- Gently fold the egg whites into the rest of the mixture - refrigerate for an hour
- When you're about ready to start heat your Aebelskiver pan until it's good and hot. Once it is put a small bit of butter in each well.
- We use the Pampered Chef scoop, which holds about 2Tbsp, to put the batter into the pan.
- Use the Pampered Chef poker to flip the Aebelskiver about 1/2 way. Continue flipping them until they're done on the outside and in.