The best thing about these biscuits is that they only take three ingredients - that's it. They're crazy simple to make and are incredibly flaky.
2 1/2 Cups
Unsalted butter - frozen (this is important)
Cold buttermilk. Alternatively you can use powdered buttermilk as well.
- Grate the frozen butter with the coarse side of a box grater.
- Lightly toss grated butter and flour together.
- Put the butter and flour mixture in the freezer for 10 minutes
- Remove the butter/flour mixture and make a well in the middle - pour in the buttermilk
- Mix until the dough becomes a ball and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
Flatten the dough with a rolling pin - the heat of your hands will melt the butter.
- Flatten once, then fold in half and repeat/roll four times to create layers.
- Ultimately, roll to about half an inch thick
- Preheat oven to 475
- Place on a cookie sheet on parchment paper so the biscuits are touching
- Place in your preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
- Brush the tops with melted butter.