As we've found an increasing number of guests are gluten-intolerant we've been using this recipe on an increasing basis. Instead of using bread as the basis for pie crusts, turning to hash browns is a simple and really delicious alternative.
Here is a very simple way to use hash browns for the crust of almost any quiche or breakfast pie.
- Preheat your oven to 450°.
- Shred your potatoes and then dry them. The drier the better.
- Take your melted butter and mix in the spices and salts.
- Toss your potatoes with your butter and spice mixture.
- Put the whole mixture into a greased pie dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
From this point you can add quiche ingredients and have a great breakfast treat. Of course you could also add some freshly-chopped onions or just play with the spices to adjust to your favorite. Either way, we hope you enjoy this crust - and we hope you come visit soon and enjoy it at the Featherbed Railroad!